But today was different. My youngest son was competing in a scholastic achievement event at the Marriott, and he would not be finished until 4:00 or 4:30. I hung out in my office, piddling around, working on menial tasks that had little to no urgency, waiting for his text. My plan was to meet him in the parking building, since I'm less than two blocks from the Marriott, and then head home.
I wanted to go home and relax.
Pour a glass of wine. Chill.
But my son wanted to go shopping in the mall. With ME.
And, of course, I chose Option B.
He said he needed clothes. And he's a man on a mission.
But aren't they all?
So we headed straight to Macy's,
(he'd scouted this plan out on his lunch break)
went straight to the men's department,
and chose a cream, half-zip Polo sweater.
We then headed straight to men's shoes,
and he showed me styles he liked
and gave me other Christmas ideas for clothes he'd like.
We then headed straight to men's shoes,
and he showed me styles he liked
and gave me other Christmas ideas for clothes he'd like.
We then headed to the women's shoe department
and ordered a pair of Easy Spirit mules for Grandma for Christmas
-- since they didn't stock her size.
and ordered a pair of Easy Spirit mules for Grandma for Christmas
-- since they didn't stock her size.
While in Macy's I looked for that elusive camel coat
--my wish list for Christmas--
Dead end.
Dead end.
It's yet to be found.
I saw a guy walking down the street with a gorgeous camel coat
--and he was pretty easy on the eyes, for that matter--
If only I could find THAT color and style in women's.
I saw a guy walking down the street with a gorgeous camel coat
--and he was pretty easy on the eyes, for that matter--
If only I could find THAT color and style in women's.
I stopped to buy some yummy cheese to go with my wine
later in the evening.
As we walked and talked,
we giggled at people --
like the guy who was wearing a goofy hunter's hat
(yes, he was!)
with one side snapped up, the other side flopping
as he strolled with his confident gait.
Yeah, baby.
Smokin' hot.
And then we headed home.
We made a memory.
Just me and my son.
I hope he'll remember this some day.
I cherish him.

2 comments:
I loved this so much! What a perfect Friday evening.
So interesting T - I'm on the hunt for a camel-colored wool coat as well. I can see it and feel it, but I can't find it.
:(
I bet you find it first!
Wait. I was COUNTING on YOU to help me find this coat!
Haha!
Okay. So I've seen one in Talbot's catalog, but I prefer trying it on before ordering it. The lady at Talbot's in the mall assured me if I ordered it from the store, it would be free shipping and no worries with returns. Hmmm.
Gonna keep looking before I settle. Keep me posted on YOUR search.
Post a Comment