And who of note entered this world on January 7th?
It's been mentioned in my blog before, but worth an encore because
It's quiet in the house.
I'm listening to Mozart. It just feels right at the moment.
And my coffee is like a blanket around a shivering heart.
The nose dive in temps begins today.
Slightly concerned, since Zach's flight leaves tomorrow morning,
and he is to catch his next connection in Chicago,
not the balmiest of airports.
We were discussing his visits for this year.
He's in a wedding in June.
He's in a wedding in October,
And he'll be in Gavin's wedding, of course, in ...
well, that's yet to be decided.
She wants mid November.
He's saying he would have to fly in, attend the wedding,
and fly back the next day if it were held in November.
I looked him in the eye and said,
"Here's the way it is. Gavin is your brother.
He gets married once in his life, we all hope.
His wedding trumps your teaching.
Find a sub. Work it out.
You do what you have to do."
He had a group of friends over last night around 7:30
and fixed them a Japanese dish that he'd learned to prepare.
Cabbage, pork, veggies, sauce(s).
Meh.
I'm glad I don't live in Japan.
Our culinary cultures are so drastically different.
It's worked out well for him because he maintains a healthy weight this way.
I wonder if he's feeling the squeeze,
all of his friends getting married.
And now his younger brother.
What's going on in his head...
In his heart...
It remains a mystery.
It's been a good couple of weeks with him.
And now...2015.
Changes.
Beginnings.
I feel as if I'm sitting in a darkened theater,
amid hushed voices,
waiting for this long-awaited film to begin on the big screen in front of me,
without even a clue of what I'm about to see.

1 comment:
omgosh - we had a very similar conversation with our oldest daughter and her husband.
Young uns can be selfish sometimes just because they are still learning yes?
Mozart! Lovely and lovelier!
Post a Comment