My last two weigh-ins have had somewhat of a counterproductive effect on my willpower. Somewhat, not entirely. And that's because I've been at this long enough to know that allowing the numbers on the scale to validate my progress or worth is a huge mistake.
Friday weigh-in day two weeks ago, I was down only .6 lbs for the week. And so I likely ramped up the exercise last week, thinking, "Okay, I'll show you. I'm gonna train even harder this week and I'll see a bigger loss on the scale." Not. This past Friday's weigh in, I weighed exactly the same. Shocking, actually, because my clothes were fitting better (of course they were) and I looked leaner in the mirror (of course I did) and I even had someone at the gym walk up to me and TELL me that I was looking leaner. People are noticing. And so why let that numbers game mess with my head?
Head up. Heart Strong. I know in my head that I'd been diligent with my diet and with my workouts. And I know in my heart that I want this bad enough that nothing -- not even a stubborn number on the scale -- is going to stop me from pushing forward.
I've got this. I'm a strong woman, both in mind and body. Which is why I'll keep going, make the sacrifices, and put in the work.
This past weekend I had a few off-plan indulgences one evening. I ate things I shouldn't and I know that I will have to make up for that with a little extra calorie burning. But I can't allow that to become habit, "just a small and harmless indulgence." I know better.
The frustrations will come and go. I can give in and give up, or I can stay the course.
This morning I made myself a green tea cocktail for an added cleansing of toxins to counter the weekend's excess. Made with three green tea bags, it also serves to dull my appetite. I'm back on plan. But this is not just a diet. I have to remind myself that I feel awesome when I eat this way. At so many levels.
Don't just live. Live strong.

3 comments:
None of us every have any doubts that you got this.
What's in that green tea cocktail? Detoxing sounds fantastic.
I've probably mentioned this to you before, but it's simply a mixture of steeped green tea, lemon, water/ice and acai, basically. I drank this during my prep to keep my body cleansed and it helped with appetite suppression too. It works!
That is so smart. I've just been (trying) to drink hot lemon water in the morning. Adding green tea is good!
Post a Comment