Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, February 14, 2020

Our Amazing Italy Cruise - First Stop, Naples!

Andiamo in Italia!
ottobre 2019

It will take me the rest of my life
to try to put into words
how incredible our cruise to Italy was...
-- our first cruise ever taken! --
and the indelible impressions it left on my heart.  
If I never have another opportunity to travel abroad,
or to cruise to another country,
this would be enough.
It surpassed my wildest imagination.


It began with our flight from Charlotte, to Germany, 
and ultimately to Naples, Italy.
We stayed here.
Grand Hotel Vesuvio,
a seafront hotel overlooking the Gulf of Naples,
the Isle of Capri, and Mount Vesuvius.


We spent the afternoon cruising the boardwalk by the sea,
eating amazing authentic "real deal" pizza at one of the many cafes along the boardwalk,
along with --of course -- wine and beer sampling.
Primo, mangiamo pizza e beviamo vino e birra!

Later we slept off some jet lag
before having cocktails on the rooftop of The Hotel
overlooking the magnificant bay and the intriguing
Castel dell'Ovo
a seaside castle dating to the 12th century,
then having violin-serenaded dinner at Zi Teresa, alongside the entrance to the castle.
Bellissimo!




Bueno notte!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

omgosh - what beauty. How did you come down from that? Being home is wonderful, but when you see stuff like you guys saw.

I am so excited for you learning Italian. What a sexy and lyrical language. Mangiare! I mean, come one! That's the word for eat? Sounds like something to be savored rather than ingested. Love!

T said...

Yes, mangiare -- "to eat" -- such a pretty word, lyrical, as you pointed out. It's why I love the language so. It's challenging though, because depending on the pronoun -- I, you, he, she, they, we -- the verb changes (mangia, mangio, mangiano, mangiamo), and it changes depending on the gender of the subject. Frustrating! But I'm learning.

Eager to share drips and pics of our journey there...eventually! So wish you guys could have joined us. Next time!