So when I read this word today in my email inbox (I subscribe to Word-A-Day), I initially pronounced it incorrectly: HUZ-uh. That's not so attractive sounding.
Curious, I read on.
huzza or huzzah
PRONUNCIATION:
(huh-ZAH)
(Now that's more like it! Yeah....Huzzah...cool word)
MEANING:
interjection: Used to express joy, applause, encouragement, etc.
noun: An instance of appreciation or applause.
verb tr., intr.: To cheer.
Yesterday was a huzzah day for me. After working my ass off in the gym with my training, my cardio -- both indoors and out, total adherence to my prep diet, I have been watching the scale inching upward for the last several days. (insert pissed off face) No rookie at this whole fat loss/dieting/training thing, I knew to be patient, it was a meaningless number, and did NOT mean that I wasn't making progress. Still, we women have this thing about that scale number. It screws with our minds. It taunts and teases and manipulates us into destructive behaviors.No white flag having been waved, I met my coach at the gym yesterday for measurements. She could tell I was pissed when I entered the locker room. I cursed. She had already heard this rant earlier in the week. I even used the F word. (Gasp!) She smiled back at me calmly, as if to say 'now let's not get our panties in a wad, T,' then confidently replied, "Yes, well...let's see what we got here," and proceeded to take measurements.
As of yesterday, I was only 1 pound lighter on the scale since the 15th of August, BUT!!!! upon measuring me -- two places on the arms, two places on the thighs, two places on the hips, two places on the abs, and top of bust/back area (bra fat area) -- I discovered that I lost inches in every single area --- EVERY SINGLE AREA. Yet the scale shows only one pound difference. I lost one inch off the top of each thigh alone, and in only that short amount of time.
HUZZAH!!!
If I were to have let the scale discourage me as I watched it creep upward, I might have said F this, I'm gonna eat whatever the hell I want. Enough of this crap!
I didn't.
And as an extra measure for my morale, I took the day off -- a much needed rest and recovery day -- and went shopping at the mall. I bought two new pairs of jeans, one a Size 4, one a Size 6. Fit like a glove. LIKE A FRIKKIN GLOVE. Yessssssssssss, World. I AM making progress.
It ain't supposed to be easy. And good things come to those who wait, work, perservere.
My mission ain't over, but it sure feels GREAT to know I'm on the right track. My prep journey continues, fortified with renewed energy, determination, and persistence.
No comments:
Post a Comment