Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, September 16, 2011

Prepare, Train, Sacrifice

The will to win is important,
but the will to prepare
is vital.


-- Joe Paterno

Preparing meals, working out, practicing posing, adhering to my prep diet.  I sleep, eat and train.  Sleep, eat, and train.  It's a constant cycle of preparation.  It demands tons of mental and physical energy.  I know that.  I accept this challenge.  I am more than willing to prepare to whatever extent is necessary.

I have spent some time this afternoon at the gym, practicing posing, discussing presentation details, and finally, and most rewarding, training lats with my coach. 

Sponging up as much information and knowledge as I possibly can about every aspect of this upcoming competition is vital to me.  I want my form to be top notch on the lifts.  I want to exhaust the muscle, hitting it at every angle.  I want to leave the gym feeling spent and limp, yet mentally elevated, knowing that I've given 100% toward my training. 

The progress I'm making, the sacrifices I make daily, are completely gratifying.  Does it consume a lot of my time?  Hell yes.  Is it worth it?  Yes.  Do I regret any of this?  No.  Give me more.  I want more.  Work it, T.  Work it for all it's worth, and then work it more.  Train to make a difference. 


No comments: