Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mascots: George and Tom

My son plays noseguard for "The Presidents" at Washington & Jefferson Collge.  We attended his first home game last week, and just as we were getting seated in "our" usual section, we see the college's two new mascots walking toward us.  OMG.  I've never seen such huge, well-done mascots in my life.  There in full color and period costume were George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, making their way through the crowd, offering up the royalty wave to the cheering fans. 

And following closely behind?  Who else, but The Secret Servicemen, dressed in black suits, shades, and wired with radios, making their way surreptitiously through the crowd of onlookers and cheering fans. 

"GEORGE!  HEY, GEORGE! 
Over here!"  

I was delighted and mightily impressed with their costumes.  Too cute.

And I insisted on a picture.  It's the closest I'll ever get to a United States president.

No comments: