Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Les Miserables


There are some movies (and musicals) that just leave deep and lasting impressions on us.  My list is a long one.  But this movie, Les Miserables, starring Liam Neeson and Uma Thurmon -- two of my favorite actors -- is one I should have long ago bought and added to my collection. 

I happened to see a picture of Liam Neeson today while surfing the net -- fodder for another blog entry, he's SO sexy! -- which prompted a flashback to this movie.  It just so happens that he stars in two of my favorite movies, this one, and Love Actually. 

Maybe I'll head out today and buy these two DVD's.  It's cold out, and it's the weekend, and I'm in the mood to snuggle in and get comfy/cozy and watch a good movie.  Or two.

And Uma Thurmon, a woman of unsurpassed style, sex appeal and beauty, not to mention her talent, THOSE EYES, the most hauntingly beautiful eyes, she's cast perfectly for Les Miserables.  I once bought an issue of In Style magazine featuring her on the cover in a white bikini, with silver trim and a white net coverup.  STRIKING.  All of it.  It was one of those covers that just FORCES you to buy the magazine.  Breathtakingly beautiful.  (I still have it; great article and cover story on her.)






(I ADORE this picture of her! Fabulous hair!)


And then there's Liam Neeson -- standing 6'4 (and that's only part of the draw, tall men catch my eye every time), was once described by a theatre critic as a "towering sequoia of sex."   Is there really any need to elaborate more?


Beautiful.  Sexy.  Charismatic.  Theses two have it all.

Yep.  It's showtime...looking forward to some good entertainment on this cold winter's night.

No comments: