Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Spirit of Laughter

A person who can
bring the spirit of laughter into a room is indeed blessed.

- Bennett Cerf


John Pinette.  I have two of his DVD's.  The guy is hilarious.  
I so get his sense of humor.  
And it doesn't matter that I've watched them countless times, 
I laugh just as hard -- or harder -- each time.  
The man is gifted.  He IS indeed blessed.


Some comedians are clearly more gifted than others, but John Pinette?  He's Five Star category.  One of my favorites, here, his Water Park adventures.

And this mini clip, one of his more notorious cliches, "Get Out of Line!"

If only I could see his show in person!  It's on my wish list.

Imagine that this is your occupation in life:  Making people laugh.


MAKING PEOPLE LAUGH?


How SWEET is that?


A smile starts on the lips,
A grin spreads to the eyes,
A chuckle comes from the belly;
But a good laugh bursts from the soul,
Overflows,
And bubbles all around.

~ Carolyn Birmingham

4 comments:

Not So Simply Single said...

If you knew me, you would know that I have an infectious laugh. In my spiritual group, people always tell me how much they love my laugh. At our conventions when they tape the speakers, you can hear my laugh in the background. I don't do it on purpose, but I find humor in life's little glitches.

If we don't laugh at ourselves and take life too seriously, we will look old before our time!

I vote to be young and silly and giggly forever!

have a great day T!

T said...

Yes, Yes, YES!

I second that vote!

Humor elevates our spirit in a way that NOTHING or NO ONE else can. It grants unto those who claim it the clarity of true inner content.

Here's to a day replete with giggles!

Deborah said...

Yes yes yes!

I laugh lots and I laugh loud.

Love this T-pretty!

I'm going to check out that book you recommended as well. Thank you for the recommendation.

T said...

Belly laughs. YES.

If you're gonna laugh, yes, let it rip! Good, hearty laughter CANNOT be beat!

(You'll love the book)