Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Monday, June 18, 2012

Turning Heads

Today I turn 52.  My friends and family are joining me at Pelican Bend for my birthday dinner celebration tonight on the Isle of Capri.  Looking forward to great seafood, atmosphere, music, friends and lasting memories.  A great way to celebrate another year in the life of T.  I don't lament this milestone.  I embrace each one with a tenacity that comes from spirit.  From soul.
    My soul.  
The spirit and soul
that defines 
who I am
   and what I'm made of.  
Fearlessness.  
Gratefulness.
Joy.
Peace.
Power.
Strength.
Courage.
Passion.

Another year older?  So.  Go ahead.  I'm ready...Bring it on.

Turning Heads

“Look at my face.  See the lines, especially the ones around the corners of the eyes? 

They speak of laughter,
including that best of all laughs—the ones you have at yourself. 
The wrinkles?  Honestly earned.  Every damn one of them.
Look at my eyes.  They’ve seen birth, death, failure, loss, success, dreams denied and dreams come true, sunrises and sunsets.  My eyes are different now, and yet still the same.  
Like me  I am more myself and more at home in myself today than I was at 20 or 30.  
You can see this in my eyes.  In fact, you can see all the ages I’ve been in my eyes. 
And if you look really hard, you can even see my secret, 
which is the knowledge that vitality, wisdom, humor
the intangible we call “soul” – 
will survive when superficial beauty fades. 
That’s a powerful secret, and if it turns heads, 
it’s because young people who may not understand themselves 
might be hypnotized by people who do.”      
 ~ Linda Ellerbee­­­



Happy Birthday, T...!

P1080284 ASHLEY

6 comments:

Deborah said...

What a gorgeous baby you were. No surprise here!

Happy happy birthday! No wonder you're so multifaceted; you are a Gemini yes?

Are you having the best trip?

You turn heads for millions of reasons!

Not So Simply Single said...

52? Nah, surely you jest!

Freaking T, you look M A R V E L O U S!

Have a wonderful bday... I am doing the birthday dance for you, in my birthday suit of course...

Still dancing....

T said...

Gemini indeed. That split personality thing can be, uh, interesting...think Jekyll Hyde thing? LOL

Yes, having THE BEST time. Birthday -- all day -- was wonderful! Hugs.

T said...

Oh, I love it...the BD dance...keep on dancing, baby!

(Birthday suit? LOL)

Not So Simply Single said...

How was your birthday...?

On the isle of Capri.

I would be jealous, but I like you too much!

Hope you had a BLAST!

T said...

Fabulous! All.Day.Long.