Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What a Feeling!

Returning from vacation this past weekend, my body felt like a load of cinder blocks.  Self-inflicted pain.  I ate like a crazy woman the entire last three days of my vacation, ridiculous amounts of carbage.  Loved every morsel of it.  It began rather innocuously towards the latter part of the week.  Afterall, it IS vacation. But once I begin to indulge shamelessly, it always snowballs into an avalanche of mindless eating, having nothing to do with true hunger, but just the orgasmic sensation of eating naughty, forbidden trash.  And before I know it, I feel miserable, achy, bloated, grouchy, sleepy... fill in the blank.  And it doesn't stop there.  Even after I've stopped the insanity, the aftermath escalates for too many days following.

Hello?  I'm reminded why sugar is poison.

It's okay.  It's not something I do habitually.  Weekly.  Frequently.  But I do indulge on vacation, and sometimes to the same degree between Christmas and New Year's.  But payback is hell.

And so I begin the cleanup with a few mind games.  Inspiration.  Motivational thoughts, affirmations, images.

It's kind of like spinning the wheel, letting it land, and whatever the arrow is pointing to, I focus on that image, milk it, play it, drink it in, run it through my brain, then let it make its way to my heart, festering into undaunted determination.

One of the best motivational movies for me -- besides the Rocky series, of course -- is Flashdance.  What a fabulous FLASH back to the 80's.  Yeah, leg warmers and all, as goofy as they seem today, I loved it ... loved it all.


Jennifer Beals...SO DAMN SEXY!

Work it, girl!


And everyone remembers the infamous footsie/lobster scene ... so sexy, and undeniably beautiful.  
Does that qualify as inspirational?  No.  
But it's in the running for sexiest love scenes.  
Just sayin.

And the OTHER Jennifer's Trumping Tribute
Just wow.
(SHE doesn't need a double)








P1080317


Okay. Recess is over. 
Time to reclaim my passion, take back control of my body, get into my game.  
Find my rhythm.  Time to push. Pump it. Burn it. Give it everything.  It's what I do, and it's what I love. It IS my fix. My euphoria. That FEELING....It empowers me psychologically as well as physiologically.

Take your passion
and make it happen.
Pictures come alive.

You can dance right through your life.
Now I hear the music...
Close my eyes...I am rhythm.
In a flash it takes hold of my heart.

What a feeling!


2 comments:

Not So Simply Single said...

Sugar makes me sick. Every time I eat too much of it I am reminded of how horrible it is.

Great documentary for you: Sugar, the bitter truth. You can find it on Youtube or on www.topdocumentaries.com

T said...

It's amazing how horrible it makes us feel after the initial blood sugar hike, isn't it?

As destructive as meth is these days (the meth-addicted criminal defendants I see in court look woefully infested), sugar is almost as bad. Mostly because people are unaware of the harm it actually does to their bodies, and the LONG-TERM effects to disease processes, etc.

The "Sugar-Coated Killer."

I want to check out the documentary. Always fascinated by that kind of stuff.