Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Illusion of Bliss

Sarah McLachlan.  I remember the first CD I bought that she had recorded, Surfacing, playing it over and over and over again, certain that I would wear it out.  That was ... how many years ago?  1997?  And over the years I've collected more of her music, falling in love with her voice, her style --- the depth of her lyrics and the unique style with which she sings, an indubitable outpouring of her heart and soul into each song to the point of no return.  Her music is a call to arms of the most elusive emotions.

I share only a handful of some of my favorite verses here in my blog.


Photo05270635_1sunriseoverthepond

P1020573
T1010066A

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I love Sarah. I have as long as you from the sounds of it. I took my girls to all of the Lilith Fairs mostly to see Sarah.

Love her.

T said...

Oh, lucky girls! Would love to see her in person.

Deborah said...

Once, a while ago, I worked for a company that had a suite in an arena. If no clients were being taken to an event some of us employees could go to the concert/game/whatever.

I was friends with the coordinator and once got tickets to see Sarah. I took one of my daughters and had the best time! The thing I found so amazing and delightful is all the boys; straight boys; that were calling out her name over and over. They loved on the Sarah!

So much fun.

Does she still tour?

T said...

Whoa, what a perk, that job you had!

She still tours, but I think mostly in Canada lately.