For instance -- only one example of so very many -- even though I KNOW the briefs for the following phrase, I stroke it out on my steno machine. If I would just start focusing on briefs, "listening" for them as I write instead of zoning out (Does that mean I'm bored?), the more I write the brief, the faster my fingers, the faster I write, less hesitation, greater chance of overcoming nerves with the edge of increased speed. Word of the day? SHORT. Short and sweet.
This phrase:
Do you have an opinion within a reasonable degree of medical certainty…
I USED to write in ten strokes on my machine:
TKOUF
A
P PB
W PB
A
RAOEPBL
TKPWRAOE
F
PHEL
SERPBT
TEN STROKES. 10!
When I could be writing it in TWO STROKES like this:
TKOUFP
WREPLS
Two strokes of my fingers on my steno machine and I'm done!
Pay attention, T. You have been slacking.
You have the skills and the knowledge to pack this baby up and kiss it goodbye.
KISS it, T.
KISS IT.

1 comment:
Kiss it simple sweetie is a good motto for me I complicate evrtything.
Post a Comment