Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Monday, July 30, 2012

Sign Language

I've been at it again the past two weekends, carving out a bit of Sunday afternoon to devote to my two latest projects:

A sign for my newly decorated back porch ...

P1080664-1

And this one, finished yesterday afternoon, inspired for my love of the outdoors...

P1080672

My afternoon was topped with ICING upon finding four new plants for my porch, all marked down half price at Walmart -- of all places!  They just needed a little TLC and a nice big drink.  I painted and stenciled a pot for one of them, and found happy new pots for the others.  Surrounded by lots of lovely lushness ... my plants complete my haven.

My next project -- it will take more time than a few hours on a Sunday -- is repainting and distressing an old side table that has been sitting in my garage, ready to be placed in the next garage sale, which has yet to happen because, frankly, they take too much time to plan, so it's still sitting there.

It's just as well.  Saved by resurrection!  I now have the perfect plan for it, and once repainted, given a new life, I'm sure to fall in love with it all over again.

I'm thinking warms.... mustard yellow and brick accents.
Just My Style

I can envision it, and that's always the first step.  Then just go with the flow and watch it come to life in a way all its own.

Oh, mercy.  Never enough time in a day for my follies.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I want to see photos! You have very good style.