Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, September 14, 2012

I Still Believe in Fairy Tales

Every once in a while in the middle of an ordinary life,
love gives us a fairy tale.


“I’m someone who believes in a fairy tale and when I said‘I do’ … I meant forever," 
"But I don’t know, you never know what happens. 
Life ... changes, it’s that road with all those bumps and holes
and you trying to struggle through them
and — I don’t know, we just couldn’t make it work, you know?”
– Heidi Klum  

"You know how when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales,
that fantasy of what your  life would be, white dress, prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill.
You would lie in bed at night and close your eyes
and you had complete and utter faith.
Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close you could taste them,
but eventually you grow up, one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears.
Most people turn to the things and people they can trust.
But the thing is its hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely
‘cause almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith,
that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true. "
- Meredith, Grey's Anatomy


If you see the magic in a fairy tale,  you can face the future.  
- Danielle Steel
~
~
openbook OF STARS AND FAIRY TALES
~

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I love my hubs, but I have really and truly decided that I am my happily ever after. Do you know what I mean?

That does not mean I don't believe in fairy tales though.

;)

I love this post.

T said...

Yes. You are. That is deeply on point. Good perspective you have, Deborah.

I love that.

(I'm forever joined to you by heartstrings.)