My husband accommodates my restless urgency
for
"home improvements."
My plan: To paint the chandelier
from ugly, shiny brass...
... to yummy, warm bronze!
The warmer color complements the newly painted
mustard walls (last week's project) of my dining room.
LOVE IT!
The two largest gourds that I spied at Kroger's for A BUCK each!
(I plan to dry them over the winter and
then preserve with poly-coat.)
And three more.
EXCITING.
A buck each!
REALLY?
They took up almost all the space in my grocery cart...
prompting many, many stares from onlookers...
Hey, lady...Halloween is over!
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Up and at em early...cutting out the scroll
that I'd drawn on plywood...
(No safety gear! Shame on me!)
Fast-forward two hours later...the finished project!
(Now to choose the perfect Christmas carol lyrics...)
What a fun day!
I've had a ball!
7 comments:
My daughter just bought a townhouse and since it was built in the 70s there are lots of oooooglie light fixtures. This is a fabulous idea!
How did you do it?
I love the color of those walls.
Thank you, Deborah. It was rather easy, actually.
I used Krylon spraint paint, one can of each:
Black Primer
Metallic Copper
Rubbed Bronze
I first cleaned it with warm soapy water. Removed bulbs and candle covers. Covered the sockets with a sm piece of aluminum foil. I hung the chandelier from a tree (you could do it in a garager, suspended from the ceiling, I suppose) and primed it with black primer. Then a coat of copper. Then a light coat of the bronze, careful not to overspray so as to allow some of the copper to shine through. Drying time between coats was 10-15 mins. Viola! I'll probably do my kitchen light the same way. I LOVE the end result. :)
that light fixture looks so much better the bronzed color....isn't it amazing how a can of spray paint can change something so drastically?!
And, I absolutely LOVE the scroll. I can't wait to see what you put on it!
Thanks...lovin it. Should have done it LONG ago!
Yes, the SCROLL. I did it! It was daunting at first, but I just went with it -- the painting part -- and it turned out just as I'd hoped.
I am SO indecisive about which carol lyrics to use ... I love them all!
You are so creative!!
I think this would work perfectly for a couple of her fixtures. It made yours look fabulous!
Such an easy facelift/update to fixtures.
Highly recommend.
Post a Comment