Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, March 1, 2013

Back on Track (Again)

Health and fitness update:  I began this week feeling like crap.  Little did I know that I would be having a visit from "TOM" -- again.  My hormones are ALL screwed up, due to this lovely chapter in my life, and I get unexpected and intermittent visits that wreak hell on my body and my mind, not to mention my willpower.

I was hungry as a bear all last week.  Hungry.  Major cravings.  Major fatigue and aches.  I should have known.  I cancelled my spin class last Thursday and went straight to bed.  Scheduled for spinning on Monday, I drug my tired butt in there anyway.  Of course that was the night that the instructor decided to play drill sergeant on us, periodically walking around cranking up everyone's resistance and urging us to pedal harder, harder, harder!  (NO!) Totally kicked my butt, every inch of my body screaming for escape.

Tuesday was a total rest day.  Much need, much appreciated.  Cravings and hunger have subsided significantly.

I felt good Wednesday morning.  No morning cardio, I slept in again for an extra dose of rest, knowing that my plans were to hit the gym after work for lower body and cardio.  Good plan.  I watched the clock and willed myself to stop after 45 mins of lifting (I tend to wanna go on and on and on and on ... I'm addicted to lifting that way), finished with 20 mins of light cardio.  I made it to bed Wednesday night by 9:15 and slept until 6:00 Thursday morning, squeezing in about 15 mins of ab work before getting ready for work.  My body was coming around.  "Hey, you be nice to me, I'll be nice to you."

Thursday evening, back to the gym, this time for delts, arms & abs, and HIIT cardio intervals for 25.  I cancelled my spinning.

Tons of energy when I got home from the gym, so I cleaned the kitchen (after my post workout meal) and then made a batch of venison meatballs. 

My scale sits in the corner of the bathroom, shrouded in shadows, gathering dust.  And it will stay that way.  My measure of success will be two pairs of pants that are supposed to fit like a glove, but not a shrunken glove.  I know the pants won't lie to me. 

Today I'm up early (though running late) for morning cardio.  I feel like a whole new woman after a week of far more rest and dialed back workouts.  Get a clue, T.  You know these lessons, and yet you repeat those mistakes mindlessly.  You need ample rest!  And you need to listen to your body when training.

I feel wonderful this morning, full of energy, clear-headed, rested, light, focused, balanced, determined as hell.

Go forth, woman.  Seize the day.