push [poo sh]
verb
1. to press upon or
against (a thing) with force in order to move it away
2. to move
(something) in a specified way by exerting force, shove,
drive
3. to make one’s way
with effort or persistence, as against difficulty or opposition
4. to put forth
vigorous or persistent efforts
5. a determined
advance against opposition or obstacles
how much
farther
can I
Go?
That was my objective at the gym today.
After several days of hormone hell -- mood swings, very low energy, intense cravings, overwhelming fatigue, tenderness -- and a big dial back on workouts to give my body the rest it was begging for, cancelling spinning class and no strength training at all. Very little cardio. Yesterday was my first day back to feeling like myself again. Thankfully! I started the day with about 24 mins of cardio, and I knew then: I'm back!
I made it to the gym right after work and worked shoulders, abs, and some cardio.
Today was leg & glute day at the gym, and I intended on pushing myself. I kept it at medium and light weight mostly, high volume -- very high volume on some things. I lifted heavy on the leg press and the weighted ab exercises. I would go until I didn't think I could go any further, and then I'd push out one more rep.
exhilarating
Sometimes our bodies scream for rest and recovery. And if we listen closely, we will hear AND FEEL the thrill of that long-awaited signal: All Systems Go!
Strike while the iron is hot. And...
push!

1 comment:
T = my hero!
<3
Post a Comment