Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mission Accomplished

I made it to the gym for my third time this week.  Today's emphasis was KILL IT.  Saturday's are good "kill it" days, since I've had the luxury of sleeping in a little later -- and sleep in I did, like a ROCK.  That's one of the perks of weight lifting.  You sleep like a rock most nights.  Your body's need for sleep kicks in and you just lie back and ENJOY THE MAGIC CARPET RIDE. 

Decided to do total body today, but metabolic style mostly.  Nothing really heavy, just moderate weights, very little rest time, supersets on most things.  Back, glutes, delts, abs.  Soaked to the bone when I left, and my mood registering a 9.5 on the Endorphins Scale, it was well worth the effort -- especially considering that when I left home, that mood was a bottom-dwelling 2-ish. 

I'll be hitting the gym in the mornings for the next couple of months, until the worst part of the summer heat is behind us.  My goal is making it to the gym at least 2 weekday mornings, and on Saturdays.  Cardio all other mornings except Wednesday.  Wednesday I'll give my body a break from that 5:00 a.m. hour and work in evening cardio.

I had the munchies last night.  Bad.  I fought them for the most part, semi-successfully.  I think it was more emotional eating than true hunger.  I gotta work through this. Push through.  Progress will have an effect on that, I'm certain.

Inviting the neighbors over for grilled chicken and fresh veggies from the garden.  I'll enjoy my wine.  My Ergo.  I torched a ton of calories at the gym; I think I can afford it.
 
ONWARD.

No comments: