It truly was The Land of Bliss … from the moment I
arrived.
As soon as I managed to get my luggage and things unloaded
from my car and up to my room, I then literally DUMPED my luggage onto the
beautiful master bed overlooking the ocean, changed into my bathing suit, then
hurriedly grabbed the essentials for the next several hours that I planned to
spend on the beach: my camera, flip flops,
a beach towel, sun glasses, my music, and my beach chair. I poured myself a drink into my water bottle,
filling it up with lots of ice, threw everything into a little beach sak, and bam
– I was gone. Just get me to the
shore. I couldn’t remember feeling this excited to be
near the ocean in years. The
anticipation was killing me … just let me sit there, feet in the water, staring
at the ocean, the birds, the sun, the sand – not a care in the world. No worries, no clocks, no deadlines. No one to answer to. Just me and the beautiful Gulf. And like icing on the cake, a gorgeous sunset
to follow…in fact, several sunsets in the days ahead.
And the most ideal weather.
The perfect getaway.

3 comments:
So gorgeous. That place looks so amazing. I love the ocean. I love water!
where were you? it looks beautiful and like you, i need the beach, the ocean to survive and will be visiting one for a week myself in august.....CAN'T wait !!!
xo
Beth, this place has become my home away from home -- Marco Island, FL. Been going there since '87, and it has long since stolen a piece of my heart, now buried deep in the ocean.
It is my slice of paradise!
Post a Comment