That was by order of our circuit judge this morning, our docket cancelled due to the horrible road conditions from the winter storm. Of course, this was AFTER I'd managed to make the long and tedious commute, a little over an hour of single-lane, snow-covered interstate highway. I called before leaving home to make sure we still had a docket. Confirmed. And just as I was entering the back entrance to our courthouse, one of the bailiffs gave me the news. Cancelled. Great.
I made myself a cup of coffee, caught up on some filing, phone calls, and then headed home by noon, the courthouse by that time having been ordered closed.
I've earned some nap time. I'll light a candle, turn on my rain and ocean waves sound machine, and let myself drift into slumber while winter orchestrates the afternoon.
(Prisoners being returned to the regional jail)
The view out the jury room window
No comments:
Post a Comment