I'd ordered this cream off Amazon -- Mendapause? -- that had gotten great reviews for relieving hot flashes. For me it did absolutely NOTHING. Waste of money.

I'd tried the NOW menopause supplement. No help at all.
Then, lo and behold, just before my last visit with my doctor, I had begun digging deeper in my research on black cohosh and reading more reviews -- I love to read reviews. The NOW supplement had 80 mgs of black cohosh, and since that supplement had failed, I just assumed that a black cohosh supplement would be another waste of money. The reviews I read, however, were recommending far greater dosages for effectiveness, with reminders that it may take up to two full weeks before it begins to take effect. In my desperation, I decided to give it a try. I wanted my life back, and I was ready to go to the ends of the earth in search of relief.
Black cohosh did the trick. I found MY fix. I began taking six 540 mg gel capsules over the course of the day. (I'm now taking three gel capsules a day.) It took about ten days -- just as the reviews had said -- before it began making a noticeable difference, but with each passing day, my hot flashes became more and more tolerable. Now they go almost unnoticed. Occasionally I'll feel a bit warm or flushed, but NOTHING compared to the volcanic infernos that I was experiencing before, the sweat oozing from my pores, dripping down my back -- OMG. It was horrible! And at all hours, day and night, several times a day.
GONE!
I'm ecstatic to have found a cure. I can sleep now. I can wear winter clothes now. I don't have to be embarrassed in the courtroom at the sudden onset of a scorching hot flash. No more running out to the back porch gasping for air in single-digit temps. I feel normal again!!! Even my moodiness has improved. It's almost too good to be true. I just hope this lasts! An occasional meltdown? Yeah, sure. I can handle that. But if this overall improvement restores my quality of life, I will never go another day without it.Though I like reading reviews, I rarely take the time to POST reviews. That is, unless I'm very passionate about a product. When a product truly delivers, totally meets or exceeds my expectations, it deserves stage time. I submitted my 5-star review to Amazon just yesterday.
I've begun to tell every middle-age woman I know about black cohosh. And what's even better? It's not only good for hot flashes, it packs a loaded punch for tons of other health benefits -- excerpts from this website's link here:
Black Cohosh Benefits
1.Kidney Health-Black cohosh was used by the Native Americans extensively for this purpose.
2.Rheumatism-This is another traditional use for this amazing medicinal herb.
3.To Aid in Labor-Black cohosh was used during the 1850′s by the Eclectics to help with labor and delivery.
4.Muscle Pain-There are currently several patent remedies for this containing black cohosh in Europe and Australia.
5.Sedative-Black cohosh is considered by many modern herbalists to be a sedative.
6.Coughs and Colds-Black cohosh was a common remedy of the Cherokee and the Iroquois for the treatment of these conditions.
7.Diuretic-Black cohosh extract is said by many modern practitioners to help rid the body of excess water weight.
8.Antioxidant-Black cohosh is an extremely potent antioxidant. Antioxidants work by neutralizing free radical that cause damage to cells and DNA.
9.Headaches-Black cohosh extract was used during the 1850′s by the Eclectics for the treatment of this painful condition.
10.PMS, Menstrual Pain, and Cramps-This amazing herb was listed in the United States Pharmacopoeia from 1820 to 1920 for the treatment of these conditions.
11.Inflammation-Black cohosh is a general anti inflammatory. Total body inflammation is now being recognized as a factor in many diseases including cardiovascular disease and cancer.
12.Menopausal Symptoms-Black cohosh has shown significant benefits for almost every symptom related to menopause. A study conducted showed that after only 4 weeks of treatment with black cohosh, study participants showed improvements in almost all parameters of menopausal symptoms. No black cohosh side effects were reported. After 8 weeks, all symptoms were gone in approximately 50% of the patients, and were very much improved in 40% of the patients. Overall improvement rates ranged from 76% to 93% of patients
2.Rheumatism-This is another traditional use for this amazing medicinal herb.
3.To Aid in Labor-Black cohosh was used during the 1850′s by the Eclectics to help with labor and delivery.
4.Muscle Pain-There are currently several patent remedies for this containing black cohosh in Europe and Australia.
5.Sedative-Black cohosh is considered by many modern herbalists to be a sedative.
6.Coughs and Colds-Black cohosh was a common remedy of the Cherokee and the Iroquois for the treatment of these conditions.
7.Diuretic-Black cohosh extract is said by many modern practitioners to help rid the body of excess water weight.
8.Antioxidant-Black cohosh is an extremely potent antioxidant. Antioxidants work by neutralizing free radical that cause damage to cells and DNA.
9.Headaches-Black cohosh extract was used during the 1850′s by the Eclectics for the treatment of this painful condition.
10.PMS, Menstrual Pain, and Cramps-This amazing herb was listed in the United States Pharmacopoeia from 1820 to 1920 for the treatment of these conditions.
11.Inflammation-Black cohosh is a general anti inflammatory. Total body inflammation is now being recognized as a factor in many diseases including cardiovascular disease and cancer.
12.Menopausal Symptoms-Black cohosh has shown significant benefits for almost every symptom related to menopause. A study conducted showed that after only 4 weeks of treatment with black cohosh, study participants showed improvements in almost all parameters of menopausal symptoms. No black cohosh side effects were reported. After 8 weeks, all symptoms were gone in approximately 50% of the patients, and were very much improved in 40% of the patients. Overall improvement rates ranged from 76% to 93% of patients
No comments:
Post a Comment