Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, February 14, 2014

Kiss Me Like You Mean It

So we tried making reservations last week at a local restaurant that I like for Valentine's Day and they were booked.  We tried Choice 2.  Then Choice 3.  Even 4.  Everyone was already booked.  What?  Really?  I guess it's because Valentine's Day falls on a Friday this year.

Then we decided to celebrate a day early (yesterday) to beat the crowd, and the plan was to meet at the restaurant after work.  But yesterday was the winter storm and they closed the courthouse, the roads were a mess, and it was not a good day to hang around in the city unnecessarily.  Guess it wasn't meant to be.

So I'm hoping that we can get tickets to see Winter's Tale.  Usually if it's a love story I'm wanting to see, I'm on my own.  But since it's Valentine's Day, I'm calling the shots.  So.  A love story it is.

Flowers are overrated and overpriced, and I'm not even into roses for that matter.  And I definitely don't need candy, since I'm trying to drop some extra weight now anyway.  A piece of jewelry would be nice ... maybe a nice bottle of wine ... a yummy candle ... a good love story ... but the most simple and basic of all for this low-maintenance woman?  
A knock-me-off-my-feet breathtaking kiss. 

It is the passion that is in a kiss
that gives to it its sweetness;
it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it.

Christian Nevell Bovee




So. 
Dont just stand there.
Kiss me.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

We had the same problem! And I started trying a month ago!

So we're staying home, maybe a soak in the hot tub, I'll have wine, and I took out a couple of steaks.

Fancy isn't needed yes? But I do love fresh flowers. Some life in the house during this endless extreme cold.