And they REALLY rock when I get Fridays off. Today is a state holiday, and so as a government employee of this state, I get to enjoy that great little perk.
I got those transcripts out on time. Sort of a bummer having to work on a day off, but it's extra money I could use on vacation. I won't complain.
And now I'm sitting on my back porch, sipping Spanish wine, a storm brewing, the breeze blowing the ficus tree branches, the candle's flame flickering...I am loving this.
I can already smell it ... the ocean, the surf...I can hear the birds...I can feel the breeze...I'm there in my mind already. Want to join me? Please?
It is a no-worries paradise. A place that makes it very hard to leave...
I could so be a beach bum. I envision myself living in a little shack somewhere, bare necessities ... the staples of which would include music, paints, wine and flip-flops.
Thinking today on what to pack, I'm planning on a tiny cotton sundress, a few pairs of shorts, tank tops, 2 bathing suits, two workout gear sets, tennis shoes, and flip-flops -- yes, I work out on vacation. Do fish swim? Do birds fly? Does T work out on vacation?
And flip-flops? Most women collect shoes, rows and rows, boxes and boxes of shoes. I've lost count on my flip-flop collection. Classy, ja?
Okay. I'm sufficiently jacked...I CANNOT WAIT.
Snapshots of the past couple of weeks in the life of T... a few artsy projects, a token gift that I took to a BBQ at our neighbor's last weekend, and nature. Things that placate me to the purest sense of gratitude.
The lovely red grass that we planted this year...
Yes, this will be harvested and strewn throughout my decor...
Tiger lillies are just ... WELL, HOT
This? A pitifully boring little chest that I picked up a few years ago,
sorely needing love...ugly, dull, who-even-cares, dimension-less dark finish, living a life unnoticed...
until NOW!
Thank you, chalk paint and dark wax!
Loving the colors sync'd with texture!
I can't help but smile.
Intoxicating natural beauty.
Pre-storm last night...such beauty in nature...

No comments:
Post a Comment