Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Be Random

Those who know me best are aware of my penchant for randomness.  The way I see it, being unpredictable is much more fun.  There's enough rigidity with everyday life, calculation, where you're expected to color inside the lines.  But let's face it, spontaneity adds spark and dimension to the grind and routine of ho-hum.  Calling all free birds here.   I liken it to going barefoot as a child.  (or as an adult?  yep, this southern girl hasn't managed to break that habit!)

Random.  Be random.  Keep it stimulating, alive.  Keep 'em guessing.

That said, I'm still on the fence about my latest haircut.  At first I didn't like it much at all.  I looked in the mirror in frustration, disappointed that it hadn't worked out they way I'd hoped.  (You colored outside the lines, T, and now look -- you've made a mess!)  Sigh.  But that was before I'd had a chance to wash, dry and style it myself, play with it a bit, try a couple different looks with it.  This latest cut began with several bad hair days, but I'm starting to get the hang of it now, how it responds to different styling approaches, what works, what doesn't.  Every day I'm liking it more and more.  The toughest part is trying to get it into a ponytail (that stays!) when I'm working out at the gym.  It's barely long enough to pull back, and I usually have to attempt a few redo's before the hour is up.

I still look at photos of my long hair and think, ugh! wait!  Maybe I should let it grow long again.  And just when I'd decided that I kind of really missed my longer hair, I began getting more compliments ... just in the last few days even.

"Oh, you cut your hair!"  (Yeah, like a couple months ago?)  "It looks great!"

Thanks.

"I love your haircut.  Who does your hair?"
anD random!

Okay.  I'm officially confused now.  Where do I go from here?  But I have until the middle of July to figure this all out.  One thing about it, it's far easier to comb out after a shampoo, takes less time to dry, less time to flat iron.  I guess I'll just wait and see how the summer goes. And by then I'll be due another color treatment anyway, since most of my copper lowlights have faded.  You mostly only notice them in certain lighting.  I'm thinking maybe a darker copper the next time around. Dimensional color -- random!  Little of this, little of that.

The only thing I can rule out for certain is pink or purple hair, tatoos or body piercings. Yes, random is fun, but some things just are not negotiable!

November 2013

Baby steps - March 2014
More comes off - April 2014


Proof -- how fast it grows - May 2014


Random high & low lights
Can you read my mind?






No comments: