Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Coughing, Coughing, Coughing -- Enuf Already

It's no fun being sick.  I developed a cough and sore throat this past Sunday, and it's been downhill ever since.  Coughing incessantly, sore throat, energy is TANKED, and major brain fog.  Sucking down cough drops all morning long yesterday, trying to make it through a deposition without being disruptive (it's rather difficult covering your mouth to cough when your hands are busy).  Focusing was inordinately challenging!



Yesterday was SUCH a beautiful day -- I wanted desperately to be able to enjoy that weather and go for a run.  Exercise has been out of the question these past few days.  The mind is willing, but the flesh is oh-so-weak.

Run its course, already.  Please. 

I've gone to bed early every night this week, and I'm feeling lazier by the minute.  I'm going for a morning walk in a few minutes.  The morning air may (or may not) do me some good.  At least I can PRETEND to enjoy it. 

I haven't been to the gym to lift since last Friday, and it was not a good workout since I was quite depleted after a full week of low carbs.  My body could use some good nutrition, no doubt, and I've tried to eat as healthy as I can this week, adding fruits and vegetables to my otherwise lower carb menus.  Lots of fluids.  Lots of green tea. 

Guess I'll have to just wait this one out.  But I'm not a patient person, especially when it means putting the skids on exercise.

Hoping for a better day.

No comments: