Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, August 10, 2012

"...a song we all oughta sing sometime..."

sing it!

OTIS REDDING


 “a singer of such commanding stature
that to this day he
embodies the essence of soul music
in its purist form.
His name is synonymous with the term soul music that arose out of the black experience in America through the transmutation of gospel and rhythm & blues
into a form of funky, secular testifying.
Redding left behind a
legacy
of recordings made during the four-year period
from his first sessions for Stax/Volt Records in 1963 until his death in 1967.


-- Rock n Roll Hall of Fame


As I was digging out some old favorites from my collection this afternoon,
background music to complete my day,
I was moved by this song and its message.

In honor of one of my favorite legends, I spotlight his soulful performance.  
The ebb and flow of the dynamics that usher feeling...emotion...passion.  

This is music.

Lemme hear you say
YEAH!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

You just made me realize I do not have any of him on my iTunes. That is wrong!

T said...

Yes, girlfriend, that is so wrong. The man is a legend. Get to it!

(He sings my FAVORITE version of White Christmas, btw.)

:)