The evening began at The Wine Valley,
with artisan cheeses and a glass of wine. I choice a yummy Rio Madre.
We shared a Treasure Roll during dinner...
... and it ended up being a delightful evening. Good wine, good food, good company.
and I began reading the folded revelation
that I held in my hand
It summoned a thought-provoking moment.
I suppose there's a bit (a lot) of truth in that sentence, given that I recently decided it was best that I not follow my heart's desire to compete again. Competing takes a lot of time, financial investment, and sacrifice. I'm a mother. If I didn't have the pain of increased college tuition costs and the expenses associated with a freshman athlete just beginning high school, not to mention their need of my time and attention at this stage in their lives, my selfish desires would be given first priority. No question.
And on the ride home, as I reflected on the words of that little strip of paper wrapped in a sweet, crunchy cookie -- one that I preferred to be double-dipped in chocolate and then rolled in toasted coconut...and maybe some crushed pecans...oh, and maybe atop a bowl of "melty" vanilla ice cream...it dawned on me, if only THIS would have been my prophetic inscription:

No comments:
Post a Comment