Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, November 30, 2012

Sweet Surprises

It's been a busy week for me. I've been in trial all week, and my evenings have been filled with tasks, commitments and little fires to put out, leaving no time to finish my Christmas decorations that I began last Saturday.  Our weather report is looking rather mild this weekend, so the plan will be to finish up the decor -- can't wait to see my carol sign -- and get caught up on life in general. 

I reinjured my groin muscle recently, likely by not sufficiently warming up before an activity, and it's given me grief all week.  My last visit to the gym was around November 15th!!! They've purchased a new facility and had begun moving those next few days following my last visit.  Then Thanksgiving came, and I was too busy to go, trying to pack and prepare for the holiday trip with family.  Last weekend after arriving back home from the farm, I was furiously hoping to get my house cleaned and Christmas decor completed, so no time for gym then. And all this week I've babied my groin muscle.  I feel like a sloth!  UGH! 

My son has been to the new gym at least twice already and has been rubbing it in how nice it is, how much I'm going to love it, yadda, yadda... Tease, tease, tease.  Just stop.  It only serves to make me MORE irritable and impatient about my injury and lack of activity. 

So finally last night I made it to the new gym, planning to work upper body only and MAYBE very light cardio following.  HUZZAH!  What a sweet surprise.  Impressive!  I was given a quick tour by my friend/trainer/comp coach, and I was ecstatic.  The place is huge, and they'll now have the space and means to offer lots more classes as well -- spinning, yoga, Zumba, aeorbics, etc.  A huge spa area.  A nursery.  A kitchen (soon to be snack bar).  Huge lovely locker rooms.  The list goes on... I spent the first 20 mins or so just catching up with friends.  Totally elated to be back in my environment ... it felt like "going home."  Cannot WAIT to get back there tonight.  Fodder for a whole 'nother blog post, for sure.

It's the little things of life that fire me up ... like having a great gym workout, catching up with friends, beautiful sunsets on my drive home from work.....
eye candy from magazine articles...

While sitting in the waiting room at my doctor's office last week, I spied an issue of Men's Health from 2008, and who was gracing the cover?

My main man, Hugh Jackman!  Hot damn.  Such a painless wait, it turns out. 

(Take your time, Doc, I'm good, no hurry....)

How did I miss THIS issue?  I think it was because I hadn't yet discovered Men's Health when this issue was published.  I considered asking the office staff if I could take this issue home with me...a complimentary token for their valued patients?  Help them clean out their dated reading material?

I grabbed my cell and snapped a picture after reading the article.


Lying on the sofa a few nights ago, exhausted from a long day in trial, and icing my muscle and on the edge of slumber, I groggily overhear a commercial on TV advertising the new movie to be released on Christmas Day, "Les Miserables."  Hello.

I say aloud in a sleepy but somewhat urgent voice:  "I wanna see that."

My husband responds:  "Yeah.  Only because of who's in it."

Well...only halfay true.  I actually love that movie, having seen it when Liam Neeson starred in it.  I mean, c'mon.  It's a great classic.

But, well, yeah... a chance to see Hugh Jackman on the big screen in one of my favorite movies AND on Christmas Day? 
 

Eau Yeah!
Merry Christmas, Baby!


3 comments:

Deborah said...

#1 - 2008? Really? Doesn't it kill you? I swear to all above I was once in the dr's office and realized I was thumbing through a 1999 Family Circle. WTH. I'll bring them my old magazines for the cryin' out loud. :)

#2 - Your renovated gym sounds so lovely! tPretty - I haven't been in weeks! Please come here and be my trainer. Sometimes I just don't know where to start - I know the answer is just START.

#3 - You love Hugh! It's adorable that your hubs knows this as well.

T said...

#1 -- LOL! You made me spit my coffee out! 1999. Still laughing.

God, I need you in my life, woman. Indeed we need each other!

Deborah said...

You are right about that. I have been going the past few days (starting with the day of your post) and I'm feeling better already. I am channeling your fitness commitment. This needs to work for me! Thanks again - I am not even kidding about this.