Hoping to be ready to work lower body again by Monday evening. My leg feels SO MUCH better. I played it safe on Thursday and Friday, working arms on Thursday, and back on Friday, plus four sets of medium-heavy BB deadlifts. It was great being back to my game.
The rest of my Saturday was spent finishing up my decorations, and I gotta say, I've not enjoyed my decorating more in --- well, I don't even know how long. It has just all come together. I.LOVE.IT. All of it! I listened to carols all day as I decorated. I blasted one of my favorite CD's, Aaron Neville's Christmas, on my drive to Lowe's and Hobby Lobby to get some last minute things I'd forgotten. It was a beautiful sunny day, and I was on a SUPER high, filled with the Christmas Spirit, a sense of bliss, anticipation, giddiness even. (I think getting back to the gym served to enhance all of that as well!)
Speaking of Aaron Neville, I adore his version of "Go Tell It On the Mountain." If you can sit still why listening to that song, you're dead. Not breathing. You've checked out.
The day coming to an end, we showered and headed over to The Wine Valley around 7:45 to have a few glasses of wine and enjoy their live music. That place is ROCKIN'. So happy to see it doing well. Standing room only...they seriously need to expand. Since being there last they'd added more touches and flavor with the decor. Pure class. Nice ambiance. It feels so "big city." A nice way to end the day.
A few more finishing touches today, and my Christmas decorating will be all done. I can sit back and enjoy. Make this last... the season is never long enough. Never.
Now. If we can just have a white Christmas... Please, oh, please, oh, please...
Can you arrange that for me, Santa?
1 comment:
You are making me want to decorate! I never look forward to that. I'm going to follow your lead tPretty and ENJOY it rather than resent it.
I sound like a grumpy curmudgeon, but I'm not really.
I will embrace it and enjoy it. Thanks for this my friend.
Post a Comment