It's been a drought. I listen to the radio on the way to work, channel surfing, one channel to the next and back again. Frustrated, I'll switch it over to CD's, or, if handy, I'll grab my cell phone for some Pandora. The music today seems so tired, so cliche. Lacking. Overdone. Overrated. Overstated.
My search of genuine talent...an ongoing quest.
But thanks to Pandora, I'm blessed with a breath of fresh air now and then. I'll quickly grab my cell and do a screen shot -- to remember -- then when I have the time, I'll Google the artist, check out their sound. Dig deeper. And now and then... I strike gold.
Alison Sudol. Fresh air. How did I miss this one? I must purchase A Fine Frenzy. Having listened to several of the clips from that CD on Amazon, I'm enchanted. Heart-stirring, to say the least. Lovely.
I ESPECIALLY love this acoustic piece from that CD. Yes...I'm moved.
I’m down
to a whisper
In a daydream on a
hill
Shut
down to a whisper
Can you
hear me…
2 comments:
Oh that is lovely!
Do you have some Melody Gardot? I think you'd really love love her if you don't already.
Just discovered her -- thanks to you. Very nice. Sultry. Romantic. Timeless.
And those signature glasses. Nice touch. I'd like to hear the story behind those.
Always room in my heart for more jazz.
Post a Comment