Gift wrapping...
baking...
Christmas cards...
grocery shopping...
cleaning...
planning...
I glance at my watch.
What time is it?
Do I have enough time to do ____.
Oh, and make a note about _____.
Don't forget to call ____.
And the laundry...always more laundry.
Where is the tape...that extra spool of ribbon I just bought...?
I know I bought two bags of chocolate chips...
Are we out of milk AGAIN?
Remember to get eggs.
What am I having so many hot flashes?
I'm so over this menopause crap.
I must stop thinking about _______.
Can somebody give Chessie some more water?
I need a red camisole.
Saturdays aren't long enough.
Why am I so emotional?
I wonder what Zach is doing...Is he happy...?
Someone's at the door!
I'm almost out of wine!
Oh, I forgot to go to the post office...
Why do people drive so slowly?
Why is that lady dressed in that ridiculous outfit?
Why do people drive in circles. waiting for a parking spot close to the door?
Are you really that lazy?
Where's the Windex?
Why can't I find pine-scented candles?
I wish we could have a white Christmas.
stop!
Just stop.
Turn down the volume,
the noise.
Shut off the distractions.
Forget about unfinished tasks.
Take time to listen to the silence of the season.
Silent Night
Probably the most popular Christmas carol.
And one of my favorite versions is Enya's.
Not surprising...
I'm totally engulfed in the mesmerizing beauty of this music.
Lovely and lasting.
Sobering.
Have you heard this?
Do you remember?
Do you have time to sit down with me?
Listen with me.
Just listen.
Let all be calm this night.

1 comment:
OMG! Everything on this list!
The hot flashes! grr and arg
Slow people! Get out of my way!
How much do I love this list?
Post a Comment