And then --bam-- in my lap, nuzzling my hair, my face, my neck, romp, play, pounce ... repeat.
And me? Well, I giggled. A lot.
"Say it. Say you love me!"
And then I saw it. The sunset.
And as if on cue, she saw it too,
and she immediately calmed down,
and we both sat there staring,
content,
conversing without words.
Our souls had connected somehow.
Sunsets...high on my happy list!
Yes, all was good in my world.
(Forever grateful to a friend who encouraged me to start that list.)
And that's when I knew.
She had me.
As the cooler night air hastened,
I found myself longing for a fire.
This sweet puppy love
had warmed my heart
like a beautiful sunset by fireside.
Am I getting addicted to her?
Yes, sweet Phelan.
I do love you.
And I will take care of you
as long as I need to.
This will all work out somehow.
(Working on getting her to smile for the camera)
The
perfect CHILL song for fireside!
No comments:
Post a Comment