Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Focus on the Objective, Not the Obstacle

ouch!
Trying my best to stay committed
focused
disciplined,
I turn over to switch off my alarm
(barking dogs...maybe not such a good choice)
and then begin making my way to the bathroom.

There is a door that stays open all the time,
separating our bedroom from the master bath and closet suite.
Last night the turbo fan in the floor
(which I must have to ward off hot flashes)
had blown the door halfway closed in the middle of the night.

Groggily, I'm tiptoeing around the bed,
heading to the bathroom,
and 

BAM!

my face slams into the opened door
right onto my cheekbone.

Very nice.
Be proud of yourself, T.

Look at it this way.
You're up and at 'em,
taking care of business when you'd rather be sleeping.
It's okay.
(throbbing ensues)
You're fine.
Rub it a bit.
Shake it off.
No whining.
Recovery is assured.

Just remember to keep your eyes open.
Stay on the alert for the roadblocks to success.

Now.
Pour yourself some coffee,
pop a couple ibuprofens,
get dressed,
and get it done.

Moving on.

Meanwhile, four hours have passed.

A bit of ibuprofen,
a bit of resolve,
and a lot of coffee,

and I managed to keep the date with myself
for morning run intervals.
I survived.

Objectives.
Not obstacles.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

ouch! Did you get a bruise? That sounds painful girl!

T said...

No. I was expecting one though.

And I was gonna tell people that he beats me. :)

Just kidding.

beth said...

oh, ouch :(

hope you're okay now ???

in regards to the VSCO look for photos, it's just easier for you to google it {that's what i did} to see what it's all about….

and if you have LR or photoshop you can accomplish it, but otherwise you might be out of luck…although pic monkey has curves so you could probably use them, too….

also…there are VSCO apps for smart phones :)

T said...

Thanks. Will do!