Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Monday, February 3, 2014

What Does Love Look Like


February, the month of love and romance.  And here already.  Some may say not soon enough.  It was welcomed here with a fabulously beautiful "tease" day, mid 60's with the sun shining brightly in a brilliant blue sky.  (Today we're back to ice and yuck)  Everyone was washing cars, walking their pets, tinkering in their lawns -- it was a day of rampant rejoicing.  On my way to the gym yesterday morning, the highway was dotted with countless runners taking advantage of this mild weather to get their run on.

Later I sat on the patio in the sun -- short sleeves! -- and soaked up its warmth and goodness while reading magazines and listening to Blank & Jones on Pandora.  

We ended the day with a fire on the patio, watching the sun go down.  I grilled pork chops and made a tossed salad with a light vinegar-based dressing.  A toast ...red wine...to this beautiful red evening sky. 

I replaced some of the adornments on my front door wreath with a big red heart.  It is that time, world.  Get busy writing your love notes.  Tell 'em that you love them. 

A love note a day ignites romance, they say.

As a hopeless romantic, I think of the time when lovers had to communicate their affections by written letters and notes when they were away from each other -- no telephones, not cell phones text messages, no emails.  You bled onto paper in your own handwriting.  It was real.  Tangible.  Drawn from the deepest places of the heart.  I've begun collecting some favorite "love letters" from Pinterest.  I will share them during the month of February in my blog.





1 comment:

Deborah said...

I love how sweetly your soul expresses itself! This was a great post to read. I love all of those quotes.

I shouldn't confess this, but I JUST took down our Christmas wreath from the front door. I forget about that door! We never use it. But from time to time I'd see it when coming home. Gone finally! So bad