Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, April 4, 2014

FNL - The Love We Had

The year was 2005.  I remember sitting in the chair, my hairdresser trimming my hair, when I first heard her voice, a CD playing in the background of her cool little ambient salon...

ME:  Who is THAT?

MM:  That's Joss Stone.  

ME:  What a voice!  I love her VOICe !  I've never heard of her.

MM:  I know.  Isn't it great!  I listen to this CD constantly.  I love every song.  Very cool stuff.

ME:  Yeah.  She's definitely captured my attention.  You have good taste, girlfriend (…laughter…)  I must have this CD.  
Lord, this girl can sing....Joss Stone...hmm…cool name too.

I downloaded the CD, "Mind Body & Soul," and I've been in love with her ever since.  But what REALLY surprised me while searching online for the CD was seeing the album cover --

THAT'S her????  She's WHITE!
And that skinny little body can belt out THAT raw-sexy power voice?
Eau yeah.  I'm hooked.

And the rest is history...




No comments: