Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fresh Asparagus and Other Simple Pleasures

“leaving the world of reality behind
and disappearing into a world of
make-believe and imaginations,
is a solace you get from nothing else

~ Sanhita Baruha


Fresh asparagus, $1.99 lb.  I'm there.
One of my office staff told me about the asparagus sale.  It was a supermarket across town I hadn't been to in several years -- can't even remember when I was last there.  So on my lunch hour, I headed out for the asparagus ... oh, and I spied a cute get-well card for a friend ... and a bottle of pinot noir I'd never tried before -- I can never resist trying a new a wine ... and a jar of salsa.  Paid for my groceries, headed back to my car, and the sun was seducing the heck out of me.  

I can't go back to that office.  I can't be INSIDE anywhere!

You don't WASTE springtime sunshine after a long, dreary winter.

I had an idea.  Pulling into our parking building, rather than stopping at my reserved space, I just kept driving up, up, up to the roof.  Hah!  Suh-weet! Thrilled with my last-minute rendezvous, I pulled into a spot facing the sun, opened every window, including the sun roof, popped in my Sax by the Sea CD, and spent the next forty minutes basking in the solace of fantasy in the sun.

(...where I was...)


(...where I pretended to be...)

No comments: