Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Friday, June 20, 2014

First Things First

Sometimes my brain is dormant, my mind still, my heart in waiting.  
Those are the pauses.  

And then the music begins again.  
It is when my heart speaks.  
Little whispers at first...

That is when I want to write, let it out.  
Release.

The music is starting back up again, 
but my list of must-do's takes priority. 

although
I have the day off, 
I have work to get out that I promised an attorney 
I'd deliver via email today,
and

although
I need to resume working on those transcripts, 
I need to FIRST get to the gym, 
having slept in a little later 
and given my body hard-working body some time to recover.


And maybe later today, I can listen for the music...


3 comments:

Deborah said...

Now that song will be in my head all day! Such a great song!

You share the same birthday as Sir Paul McCartney. What could be better than that? Happy Birthday tPretty! Late, but always good.

T said...

Isn't it? I love that era. I see you and me shaking our heads and jamming out to this song...? Do you see it? We must!

Thank you, D. Yeah, P.M. I had a crush on him as a tween.

And YOUR birthday? You're a Gemini too! When? Think, T, think! I must know when. I hope I haven't missed it.

Deborah said...

It's on Sunday. So I'm the first day of cancer! We awe soul sisters. Both of my parents were gemini.

Have a fun vacation! I wish I were going with!