Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Thursday, January 10, 2013

January Gym Crowds - This Too Shall Pass?

For the last week and a half, the term "Full House" has taken on a whole new meaning at my gym.  It's nice that everyone resolves each January to make fitness their number one resolution.  And we all know what they say about New Year's resolutions.  Still, for the sake of good intentions, health and wellness , I'd like to think that many WILL keep their resolutions,
EVEN if it means I


O FAITHFUL ONE

keep getting snuffed out of spinning classes.

Last night was my third spin class, and although I would have preferred taking it on a Thursday night -- Wednesdays are not convenient gym days for me -- I had to grab for "the crumbs."  It's all that was left on the sign-up sheets for this week's classes.  And to make matters worse, I tried getting ahead of the game to sign up for next week's classes (I'm aiming for two spin classes a week) but it was too late.  Next week's classes are already filled up, two classes a night, Monday through Thursday -- ALL FILLED!

So now what?  If I have to wait a whole 'nother week before my fourth class, I'll feel like I'm starting all over again.  Not the ideal situation.  I have to wonder if "this too shall pass," since it IS January, and most gym goers manifest short-lived overzealousness in their best of intentions.  We shall see, I suppose.  But in the meantime -- what to do.

There are 6:00 a.m. spinning classes offered, but I didn't bother looking at those sign-up sheets.  I prefer an evening spin class; it's an intense sport, and not only has my body had a chance to fully wake up and work out its aging kinks, I can't imagine mustering enough energy for spinning at that hour.

But it may be my only option at this point.

Ugh.

And JUST when I was really getting the hang of this thing!  It's a fast, intense, kickass sweatfest that burns a whole lotta calories.  It seems to have gotten a bit easier each class as I am building on my  endurance, pushing a bit harder each time.  Spinning is not for the faint of heart.  Which begs the question:  

So what will it be, Newbies?

Can you hang?  Are you taking this crap seriously?

Will you stay or will you go?

We shall see.


No comments: