Some songs we just never grow tired of. I remember hearing this song for the first time in 1977 while watching the movie, "A Star is Born," starring Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofferson.
Awestruck.
I was mesmerized ...
by her performance,
by the emotional resonance of the song within the movie plot,
and
-- to this day --
by the lyrics that continue to resonate with my own heart.
Out the door this morning, I blindly grabbed a few CD's to listen to on my drive to work. I'm heading down the road, and I popped in a CD I had burned a few years ago from downloaded MP3 favorites. This song happened to be among them. There's no telling how many times I have listened to this song, and yet each time, it's as if it's the first ... I simply cannot listen and not get chills, not FEEL the emotion. The lyrics are branded forever on my heart.
They belong in this blog.
With One More Look at You/
Watch Closely Now
With one more look
at you
I could learn to
tame the clouds
And let the sun
shine through
Leave a troubled
past and I might start anew
I'll solve the
mysteries if you're the prize
Refresh these tired
eyes
With one more look
at you
I might overcome the
anger
That I learned to
know
Find a piece of mind
I lost so long ago
Your gentle touch
has made me strong again
And I belong again
For when you look at
me
I'm everything and
more that I had dreamed I'd be
My spirit feels a
promise
I won't be alone
We'll love and live
more
Love and live forever
With one more look
at you
I'd learn to change
the stars
And change our
fortunes too
I'd have the
constellations paint your portrait too
So all the world
might share this wondrous sight
The world could end
each night
With one more look
at you
With one more look
at you
I want one more look
at you...
Are you watching me
now?
Watch closely now.
Your eyes are like
fingers
Touching my body
Arousing me so.
I'm riding the
passion arising inside me
How high can I go?
You're coming with
me: I'm gonna show you how
And when it's scary,
I won't look down
Are you watching me
now?
Watch closely now.
I see the hunger
arise in your eyes
And it's urging me ...
urging me...
uring me on
higher and harder
and it's faster and farther
than I've ever gone.
Your pleasure is
part of the secret
Of flight that I
found
When I feel like an
eagle
My soul has no place
on the ground
Born out of madness
I'll double the
danger with no net at all,
If you don't look
away I'm secure
In the fact that you
won't let me fall
Watch closely now...
Are you watching me
now?
I'm the master
magician
Who'll help you
escape
From the lies you've
been told
When they're
breaking your back
Bring the last straw
to me
I turn straw into
gold
I break chains made
of boredom that others have lived with for years
I leave good news on
doorsteps
And laughs where
there used to be tears
I'm gonna need you
later
When you're not
around
But I can take it
I won't look down
Watch closely now
Are you watching me
now?
Watch me now
Are you watching me
now?
Are you watching me
now?
encore
No comments:
Post a Comment