As I sit here in the still of a dark morning, drinking my coffee and planning my day, this song plays quietly in the background of my Blank & Jones station on Pandora. (What WOULD I do without Pandora?)The music is my escape.
I'll be taking tomorrow off to drive to PA and spend the day painting Gavin's living room in his new little rental house that he recently moved into -- the one that accepts PETS. It's old, but charming. Needs a little TLC. Every room is white with white trim and it's a little, uh, stark. With lots of furniture and decorator touches, all white would be fine -- even chic. But he has neither. He has ME. And his girlfriend will help me too. She has wonderful taste. She and I have been talking about a good paint color, and we've decided on a pale khaki-gray. There is a mantel in the living room too that is painted all white. It needs pop and character. The good thing is that there are three windows in that tiny room, so it's light and bright and inviting. I'm looking forward to this project -- diversion.
Hope he's dug out his dishes and kitchen stuff. I'll need to find his coffee pot.
I'll be packing an extension gate (to keep Phelan out of the room), paint brushes and supplies, a step ladder ... and, of course, my iHome mini speaker to plug into my cell phone for ... what else? MUSIC.
I'll be spending New Year's Eve there, and I wouldn't dream of being without music to serenade me throughout the day.
As this year comes to an end,
I reflect
I remember
I wonder
I wish
I dream
I hope.

1 comment:
That color for his walls sounds fantastic. I'm all over grey all the time. Love it so much with white.
Happy New Year friend!
Post a Comment