Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Monday, May 21, 2012

Just Let Go

It's okay, 
she urged.
Just let go.

Tightly gripping
tentative releasing,
steadying now
and then
aching to breathe again,
yearning to soar again
feigning courage
to stand tall
or not at all.

Just let go.

Wanting
so desperately
to just let go.


Wanting

so desperately 
to abandon the fears
and weight of uncertainty,
gathering strength with each labored breath
each step
toward autonomy.

Grieving the spirit to fly
even cry
openly and without shame
or smile genuinely
or laugh deeply
live unpretentiously 

spontaneously
love breathlessly
again,
embrace life
again,
to withstand
what comes before
and after
when knowing when to let go
and go solo
takes courage.

It’'s scary to look down,
after holding on for so long,
when holding on 

or playing it safe
is all you know--
but to let go
suddenly seems
so right.

Finding the fortitude
and trust in oneself
enough

to say
it's okay.
Just let go.
~T

5 comments:

Deborah said...

What a gift to be able to write like this! Do you write a lot?

T said...

"Gift?" Really? I'm flattered, Deborah, esp coming from YOU. But thank you.

Do I write a lot? I used to write poetry more often. Not so much anymore. The last poem I wrote was in early 2010 actually.

I've started others a few times and never finished them.

Love poetry, both reading AND writing. It's a release for me. This much I know. :)

Deborah said...

OMgosh Miss T. You always make me feel so good! You are a sweet woman!

I can see how writing poetry would be very releasing and cleansing.

Not So Simply Single said...

Nice!
You are amazing T.
Wish I knew your full name...

T said...

Ah, girl ... thanks bunches.