A couple weekends ago I decided to go visit a dear friend of mine in Yadkinville, North Carolina.
Taking a Friday off, I slept in a little longer that morning, got in my morning workout at the gym, showered, packed, then headed south around noon.
Friday midday drive through the mountains
I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day to travel.
Unfortunately, having run into construction on the highway, I didn't arrive
at my long-time friend's home until around 4:30 pm that afternoon.
It had been nearly a year since we'd last been together.
First up: leisure time, a glass of wine (or two),
a quick tour of her lovely new home,
then treated to dinner out at a local favorite restaurant.
(We met many years ago while vacationing at Marco Island)

We sat up that night, drinking wine and talking...
and talking...and laughing,...
and more talking.
Surrendering to sleep at nearly midnight, we promised to resume catching up on girl time the following morning over breakfast, just before setting out to visit a few vineyards in the area.
My virgin tour of a winery!
Our agenda for Saturday was to visit three local vineyards, partake in some wine tastings, of course, then a short drive to Blowing Rock to begin our shopping spree, a late lunch at one of their quaint and delicious cafes, and an attempt to tackle as much shopping as we could squeeze in.
First stop of the day: Laurel Gray Vineyards
Adorable garden flag!
Yummy outdoor patio ambiance, breathtaking views of the vineyards,
jazzy-relaxing-spot-on music, and lush spring florals.
One of my gift shop purchases...SO ME!
And this. OMG. Yummy on EVERYTHING!
Our second stop: Buck Shoals Vineyards
Check out the awesome touch over the stone fireplace!
And then...saving our favorite for last...
indeed the images speak for themselves.
I like my RED wine, and the tasting selection was rather extensive (wink)
and all so delicious.
Only one that I truly did not care for -- yes, it was a sweet, white wine.
Tough decision, but I chose Montepulciano as my favorite of our tastings.
Beautiful statues, rose gardens, fountains, ponds and trees...
Overwhelmingly enchanting.
I had not had this much "girl time fun" in years.
Sweet friend of mine!
Succulent fine wine
to share while we dine
yet so little time!
Our friendship sublime.
In the last couple of years I have found myself pondering my list of criteria on potential places to relocate in that next chapter of my life (the "r" word isn't in my vocabulary). Time is fleeting indeed, and that time will be upon me before I know it.
I wonder: Just where can I picture myself,
where might I want to relocate?








.jpg)



6 comments:
I love all your photos! What a great time with your friend! Lovely.
I know I want to be someplace warm and near water at least for the winters someday. I hope!
:) Thank you.
It wouldn't break my heart in the least to have YOU closer to ME.
Visit our south...come sit a spell...ya might just wanna stay!
Now that is my kind of weekend! I love the pictures. I'm glad you had a great time. Red wine is my favourite too.
Oh, Marnie, SO wish I had more local friends who enjoyed red wine as much as I do. Seems all my friends around here prefer white.
When I can share a bottle of red with someone, it makes it so much more fun! :)
Looking forward to more wine tastings in the future at area (and beyond) vineyards.
Red wine only! I even drink it with fish. I know, that's so wrong!
It would be so fun to visit you! One of my dreams is to get an old Winnebago and do some U.S. visiting. I need to win the lottery . . .
:)
Post a Comment