My good friend and neighbor (who happens to also love red wine, jazz and has my dry sense of humor, by the way--GAWD I love that woman) loaned me a few DVD's a couple of years ago when I mentioned to her that I was in the mood to watch a great movie, either a really good romance or a really funny comedy.
Two of those I have since watched countless times. BINGO! Absolutely hysterical, and the perfect cure for pissy moods, those distinctive lift-me-up-out-of-this-suffocating-funk-and-make-me-laugh-my-ass-off kinds of days. (Surely I'm not the only one who suffers such curses.) Total rescue and renewal.
Death at a Funeral, 2007 version.
I will never grow tired of this movie. I'm just sorry I didn't see it at the box office. I've fallen in love with ALL of the characters, but Uncle Alfie and Simon are very close to the top of my favorites on that list.
Definitely one of my all-time favorite movies. Ever!

No comments:
Post a Comment