Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Restoration through music


It's been a long week, and my brain is fried, my body is tired, and I find myself wanting to do nothing but sit and rest, listen to music. 

Think. 
Dream. 
Restore.

The perfect accompaniment...

Sax by the Sea. 
Composer:  Michael Licari

This CD was given to me as sort of a "going away" gift by a very dear friend about ten years ago when I was moving away.  She knew my love for jazz.  She knew my love for the ocean.  She knew JUST the perfect gift of remembrance.  I think of her EVERY time I listen to this CD.  (Funny how a piece of music connects us instantly to a time, a place, a person, an emotion, an event.  Instant recall.)

(If only I could meet Mr. Licari to thank him for the infinite impression it has left on my life.)

Since then I have listended to this CD so many times that I can't believe it still plays.  I've handled it with kid gloves over the years, having fallen in love from the first moment I listened, wanting to preserve it forever.  I've given this CD as a gift to other people who have treasured it as much as I have.  It's just one of those pieces of music that one never grows tired of listening to.

In a word?  Relaxing.

In fact, I've ripped it to my laptop so that I can listen to it wherever I go -- office, car, travel.  It's perfect for napping when I've been traveling on the road, and since I rarely travel without my laptop, it's my go-to for restfulness, whenever and wherever life finds me.

I recently discovered this video on YouTube. 
(Thank you, Flower4815, for this lovely and powerful illustration to this beloved music!)


This CD is available on Amazon.  I highly recommend it for one's library.

No comments: