My long-time friend (since SECOND GRADE!) texted me recently to invite me to the party. I was a little hesitant to respond at first. I wanted to think this one through. She followed up the text and my short reply of "Sounds like fun...call me" with a phone call, giving me more details, and urging me to come. Then she unloads this:
"Oh, and by the way, we were all talking the other day (she and many of the women who will be in attendance) and wondered if you would be willing to help us with an overhaul. We all want to lose weight and start an excercise program, and we don't know where to begin. We decided you were the ideal person to help us, if you're willing. We'll pay you, seriously. Would you? ... And can you bring along with you a list of things to discuss with us? And would you be willing to meet with us once a week to go over questions, our progress..."
Have I been shammed?
Is this entrapment?
Is this the only reason I'm invited to this all-women Christmas party?
Is that good or bad?
Do I wanna take them on as a project? All of them? Yikes.
And where do I even BEGIN?
Yes, I'll most definitely be taking a bottle of wine.
Maybe I'll just start there ...
and then
let the "chips" fall where they may....


4 comments:
Holy hannah tPretty.
I understand why they are asking you. That's obvious for all the good reasons.
I also understand why you wonder if this is the main reason they contacted. you.
I say, "who cares" if that's the reason.
They better prepare for an arse-whoopin'. :)
Well, as it turns out, the party was a BIG mistake. I made up an excuse to leave early -- could.not.wait. to hit the road.
As it turns out, I have zero in common with these people, and as time passed, I felt more and more awkward and out of place. My friend (from 2nd grade) who invited me sensed my uneasiness. I'm sure we'll catch up for lunch and sort through all of that later.
I went to the party mostly for her. To see HER.
Oh, and it was blatantly obvious that "getting fit" was the LAST thing on those women's minds. Mercy. Just as well that it didn't come up. I truly would NOT have a clue on where to start.
:)
Aaaaaah! lololol!
I am only laughing because I can IMAGINE what everyone was doing and how they might have looked.
You are an angel to give it a shot if you ask me.
Yep. You got that right. LOL
Post a Comment