Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Style is Forever

 
Displaying 
my style
throughout my home is an ongoing task.
 
Task?
No, not a task.
A pasttime.  A hobby.  Simple pleasure.
No docket on Friday, so I took the day off
to work on a mile-long list of projects
that I had hoped to tackle --
well, I knew I wouldn't get them ALL accomplished,
but at least a running start.
 
My style?
Well, a little bit ...
- au naturel
- warm palettes
- rough on the edges here and there
- unpredictable
- eccentric
- bold
- time-honored
 
... to name a few.
 
I've been experimenting with glazing finishes,
white glaze, mustard glaze, raw umber glaze,
both on painted surfaces and wood-stained surfaces
to figure out what look I'm going for
and how to best accomplish it.
 
I love the release that art, creativity, and spontaneity give to me.
 
It breaks me free from the bonds of restlessness
and moodiness.
It's a retreat that offers a huge serving of
personal satisfaction.
 
I've listened to music pretty much non-stop
while working on my projects,
a little bit of Pandora,
a little bit of from youtube.
I'm having a ball!
 
On my list of to-do's this weekend whenever:
 
- White-wash-glaze (ugly) picture frames
-  Repaint and distress a kitchen bench
-  Stencil a favorite quote on the end cap of the kitchen island
-  Paint/distress an ugly walnut end table a rich eggplant,
(Home Depot calls it "polished leather")
then antique it with a white glaze
 
And run.
Definitely go for a run!
It's supposed to be in the mid 50's today,
and I'm NOT gonna let this yummy weather go to waste
hibernating inside on my ass.
 
Time's a wastin'...
 
Outta here.
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Deborah said...

Your style sounds fantastic! I know your personal style is definitely lovely. I call it tStyle.

I usually never am, but yesterday I was a bit bored. I had plenty to do, but didn't want to do any of it. I think I need to think of a few projects tStyle.