Marco Island Sunset

Marco Island Sunset
Sunset at Marco ....my slice of paradise

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Clean, Shiny, & Ready to Unwind


A couple of weekends ago when we had an unseasonably warm Saturday, I rolled up my sleeves and got to work cleaning my back porch my oasis.  I tossed the clutter that had accumulated over the winter months, then removed the furniture to the back lawn –-one.heavy.piece.at.a.time.  

Built-in strength training! 

I swept the debris, sprayed it down with a hose, mopped and waited for it to dry.  After a couple hours I returned to see that the floor still looked rather dull.  I wanted shine, and I began to think:  What product can I use to get the look I want.  My paint job from last spring had been washed, but it needed to be protected and enhanced.  I wanted clean, shine, pop.
And then it dawned on me.  ArmorAll!

I figured if it could add shine and protection to tires, upholstery and leather, why not try it on a painted concrete porch?
Voila!

Little by little, I sprayed it onto the surface and then buffed with an old T-shirt, one section at a time.  Loving the results, I continued until the entire bottle was empty.  I then replaced the furniture and added some flowers and personal touches here and there.  I carried all the green plants that Id babysat inside all winter back out to the porch.  Stepping back to evaluate, I smiled with satisfaction. 

ArmorAll, I love you!

I couldnt WAIT till nighttime to turn on the white lights, light a candle, pour a glass of wine, and dream of "uncorked" spring and summer days ahead on my clean, relaxing back porch retreat.  

All set to unwind!
Care for a glass of wine?






3 comments:

raydenzel1 said...

love the look, might be a bit slippery?

Deborah said...

Oh my gosh. This looks so inviting and amazing. I want to sit there forever!

T said...

RD, thought it might be too, but only slightly, and only at first.

The slipperiness seems to not be an issue now at all, yet the shine is still holding.

Yay!