One of my higher carb days of the week is Saturday because that's my leg/ham/glute day. I figure it's one day I both need and can afford the extra carbs and fuel. After finishing up my training Saturday morning, I stopped by our gym's new grill just outside the cardio loft to order my post-workout lunch: Power Pizza. It's a whole-wheat crust pizza, prepared with the freshest veggies -- peppers, mushrooms, onions, lowfat mozz cheese and grilled chicken breast, with just a "bit" of olive oil. Wholesome, non-greasy, and beyond satisfying. Oh.My.Goodness. WHAT a treat. It was sooooo delicious.
After having my post-workout whey protein, I followed up a bit later with two slices of Power Pizza for lunch, and another slice around 6 pm for dinner, along with some veggies.
Our gym's new grill, Power Up Grill, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner menu items. Many members will order their dinners for the week, and pick them up each evening after their workout. This is great for those who are too busy to cook a healthy balanced meal, or for newbies to fitness who are unsure about what foods to choose while dieting or building. The grill does the work for them and it teaches them about healthy eating habits and food choices. Among the items offered:
Fruit Bowl
Oatmeal
Egg Whites
Omelettes
“Get Big Breakfast” ~ (8 oz Egg Whites, 4 oz Flank Steak & 3
Pancakes)
Smoothies
Salads (Greek, Caesar and House)
Whole Grain Pizza
Wraps
Grilled Veggies
Grass-Fed Burgers
Flank Steak
Grilled Chicken
I'm really proud of our gym's new facilities and all the hard work that the staff has put into making this place a first-rate fitness facility. I'm both honored and proud to be a member, and I'm looking forward to trying more menu items in the near future.
I found it interesting that after eating the Power Pizza on Saturday I felt full and satisfied, but not bloated, and no after effects of insulin spikes or cravings that I usually experience when eating processed pizza or pizzas ordered from local eating establishments. It was a "clean eating" indulgence, and one I DEFINITELY intend on trying again in the future.
But I think I'll save pizza for those intense leg & glute days. I wanna know that I've EARNED IT!
(HARD-EARNED INSPIRATION!)
“The quest for fitness is an ongoing journey, one of extreme
discipline, requiring patience, acceptance, discernment, commitment, and perseverance.
There are no shortcuts.
No push-button, overnight makeovers.
There are valleys and there are mountaintops.
And although there is no finish line, the gratification for the
effort is guaranteed.”
2 comments:
Our gym is very low-frill. This would be great for us because we always go out for a quick bite after the gym. Scott likes Culver's so I generally order one of their soups, but it never feels like a very healthy meal. I need to come up with a better plan.
if warmer weather would ever come I could have a go-home-and-grill plan for us after the gym. it's coming. Please! lol
On a sad note, it will snow again tomorrow! WTH? I am moving in with you girl.
I'd LOVE to have you move in with me!
Hang in there, Naw-thun-uh. It's on its way to you. I just KNOW it.
Post a Comment