So why do I always cry at weddings?
I do. I will myself not to -- in vain.
Intermittent tears from the deepest places of my heart.
And as the father danced with the bride,
I found myself wondering how I would feel
when I dance with one of my sons
on their wedding day.
A bittersweet moment of memories, beginnings, hope & wonder.
And then it was time for all the guests to dance
as we celebrated
love
and life
and laughter
and happiness
as we made memories,
and recalled distant ones.
We should all take time to dance.
But when you dance, dance with heart.
It is a life lesson all its own.
“"Dancing with the feet is one thing,
but dancing with the heart is another."
While I dance
I cannot judge,
I cannot hate,
I cannot separate myself from life.
I can only be joyful and whole.
That is why I dance.~ Hans Bos

1 comment:
I think we cry because we know it's a sweet beginning to their adulthood. All the things that they will be starting. And maybe for ourselves a little bit. Because we've been through it.
You will cry like a baby-T when your children get married! I cried like a madwoman, and it was okay.
Post a Comment